Sunday, August 03, 2014

Trust Me To Love You


Your honesty validates my power. When you tell me the truth, even when it hurts, even when you've fucked up, even when you're afraid I'll hate you for it... You've given me something that all humans crave - validation.

You've trusted me to take your truth and accept it. You've trusted me to love you, despite your flaws. 

You've trusted me to see you, really see you, and love you for every piece of you, even those pieces of which you're not proud.

So when you don't trust me to do that? When you expect me to shun you? When you lie to me, or keep vital information from me? You've decided that a lie is better than giving me the choice to love you.

I feel at home and powerful in my own skin when you tell me the truth. You validate me as a loving human being when you are honest with me. You give me hope and happiness when you volunteer the information for which I daren't ask.

You tell me that you trust me every time you tell me the truth, and good gods do I want to be worthy of that trust.

– ZwiastunaPrawdy

No comments:

Post a Comment